Saturday, May 11, 2013

Postcards from the Edge: Anilao, again



It's an easy drive (2&1/2 hours from Manila). Doable day trip. It's dagat.

So Anilao will always be a default destination whenever the noise, the smog and ugliness of the city close in and I need to get away. I think I come here 3 to 4 times a year and have brought foreign guests to enjoy snorkeling.

This is not the best beach (there is no beach actually- it's rocky, more coral rocks) and not the best waters the Philippines has to offer but it has great sunsets, good diving and snorkeling spots. Once I brought my American-Mexican colleague and he said "you have such high standards for beaches/oceans/islands but for us, this place is perfect!". I guess he is right. Anilao has its charms and I will keep coming back.

(The picture was taken at Dive and Trek Resort)

(This is trip no. 7 of the 37 for 37 challenge)

2 comments:

sojournersol said...

Great to see your blog alive again. Looking forward to your 37 challenge and your prose.

Maria Ganja said...

Thanks Sol! Hahaha, tentative steps...