Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Like an unexpected song

A day or two after the New Year I went on a road trip with a few good friends. We woke up to very heavy rain, almost stormy, even. But of course that did not deter us. We started to drive to the southern part of Leyte and our planned final destination was Kuting Reef Resort.

It was raining heavily the whole time we were on the road but I kept telling my companions that we needed to be at our destination in time for the sunset. “Sunset? In this weather?” But when we were about 10 km from our destination, the rain became a drizzle. At 5km, it stopped. And the sky began to clear. By the time we got there, this sunset was waiting for us. And I felt that this was heaven’s show for us, specially for us. Right after the sunset, it started raining again.



I was overwhelmed, overjoyed, over loved. So I said a silent prayer-- Here’s to another year of spectacular sunsets and unbelievable moments that come to us like an unexpected song (ang daming song references sa line na ito, anovah!).

(This is Trip no. 2 of 37 for 37 challenge)

No comments: