Friday, March 15, 2013

Postcards from the edge: Dauis, Bohol



One thing I really miss from my childhood were the times I spent up a tree. In primary school, I remember spending a lot of time up the Kalachuchi tree (Plumeria Acuminata, Temple Flower) while waiting for my parents to pick me up after school (the branches are brittle, not like the guava tree, my mom would always tell me. At home, my favorite was the Balimbing tree (Starfruit). I would bring a book and read it while perched on one of the branches of that tree. Whenever I see an imposing, magnificent tree, my instinct is to climb it, find a nook for myself.

So when I saw this tree, it instantly became a favorite. I may not be able to climb it now, at this age, but I can certainly lounge around under its shade. It is the perfect accent to this coffee shop (Cafe Lawis) in Dauis, Bohol (it's beside the church). It is on the right side when you cross the bridge connecting Tagbilaran and Panglao. I love spending afternoons here, sipping coffee while taking in the view. Dinners here are also romantic, even if you are on your own.

No comments: